Just submitted a waiver request for ADHD, are the odds against me for having it accep
Create Post

Just submitted a waiver request for ADHD, are the odds against me for having it accep

I submitted my request to my recruiter a week ago. I took ritalin in 2008 for 6 months (1 month in a half, but medical records cant prove that since I had two 60 [1 per day] prescriptions). I haven't taken any meds in over 3-4 years. My grades in school at the time weren't the best and certainly wasn't a C average.. and I didn't graduate, I did however get a GED and am now enlisting with a 50 on my ASVAB. My questions were ;

Does a miracle have to happen for my medical records to get approved since the marines are down sizing?

Can I try requesting a waiver again if it gets denied?

How long does it usually take for a waiver like that to get approved?

If I keep in touch with my recruiter and show motivation will it help speed it up?

Can I reach MEPs myself to see the status of it?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    1. Your chances are reduced these days because of the downsizing. How reduced? Can't tell, too many variables are at work here.

2. If MEPS/RS denies your waiver you can ask for a BUMED review. No appeal past that.

3. It takes as long as it takes, depending on your MEPS, etc. If it's going to BUMED, you can expect to wait a number of months.

4. You should keep in touch with your recruiter and participate in RSS activities. It won't speed the process, but if he is asked about your continued enthusiasm it can be the difference between a yes and a no.

5. MEPS/BUMED won't talk to you and won't enjoy being pestered. Deal through your recruiter.

Thread Information